Learn how to assign and share eduMe courses that your learners can view in their Microsoft Teams account.
- Your organization has contacted us to work on adding the eduMe app to the company’s Microsoft Teams account.
- Your organization is an existing eduMe customer and you have the admin permissions for this account.
- You use the same email to log in to eduMe and Microsoft Teams accounts.
Note: If you’ve just installed eduMe in Microsoft Teams and access it without accessing eduMe admin panel first, a learner account is created for you. To avoid this, ensure you’re added as an eduMe admin in your organization and access eduMe as an admin before accessing eduMe through Microsoft Teams.
If you need help with your prerequisites, reach out to our support team.
- In your Microsoft Teams account, select … on the left panel and search for eduMe. The eduMe app in Microsoft Teams appears.
- Select the eduMe app.
You’ll be automatically logged in to eduMe.
Note: As an admin, you’ll be logged in to the eduMe admin panel. As a learner, selecting the eduMe app directs them to the learning dashboard.
- You can choose to create a new course by navigating to the Learning tab > + Add a course. For more information, refer to the Creating Content topic in the Related links section.
- If you’ve created a new course, select Publish course in the top bar to make the course available to your learners.
- To assign a course, go to the Delivery tab > Assign to teams in the specific course.
- Choose the teams that you want to assign the course to, in the MS Teams tab. These are the teams available in your Microsoft Teams organization.
- Certain teams may be disabled as these teams are linked to a different eduMe group. You link a team to a group when the team is assigned to a course available in the specific group.
- You can edit the team name or the team members in your Microsoft Teams organization only, and not in the eduMe app. The team details are refreshed in the eduMe app when admins or learners login.
- Select Update assigned users.
The notification popup appears.
- If you’d like to notify the assigned users through Microsoft Teams, select Send Notifications in the popup.
The learners will receive a message from eduMe chatbot on Microsoft Teams. They can choose to start the course directly from the chat.
You’ve now assigned a course to your learners using the integration between eduMe and Microsoft Teams. All reporting metrics offered by eduMe are available for this integration as well. To learn more about the reporting capabilities, refer to the Reports topic in the Related links section.
Recommendation: Pin eduMe on the Microsoft Teams side bar for easy access.
Sharing courses on Microsoft Teams
After you’ve assigned a course on eduMe, you can choose to share the course in the specific team chat in Microsoft Teams.
To share a course, navigate to the team chat and select the Messaging Extensions option > eduMe.
Search for a course by title and select it to share in the chat.
Here's a video showing how the eduMe-Microsoft Teams integration works: