Learn how to create and access your API key within the eduMe admin panel.
What are API Keys?
API keys give you access to the eduMe API so that you can carry out tasks like create or update a user, or generate reports for teams or individuals.
You can access your active API keys and create new API keys in the admin panel.
How to create your API Key:
- Head to admin.edume.com and sign in
- Click on the Settings icon in the top left hand corner
- Click on Company settings
- In the settings list, head to API Key
- Click on + Create API Key
- Decide which access level will be granted
- Company level: access to the full company
- Group level: restricted to a single-group level
- Click Create API Key and you are good to go!
Your new API Key will appear in the API Keys list along with your other active ones. You can copy the key as well as delete them.
💡An eduMe API key has this format:
- example API key: 1234abcd-efg5-6hij-klm7-8910nopqr123
How to retrieve your API Key:
- Follow steps 1-3 from above
- In the same settings list as before, head to API Key
There you will find the API keys that are currently active for your company as well as being able to create an API Key.