Invite individual or multiple users to access your learning content through the People tab
Make sure you've set up your Team(s) before adding users. Not sure how? Head to our Teams article to find out more
Users cannot exist in multiple groups. Please use an alternate email if you need to be added into a separate group.
How to add an individual user
- Head to the People tab and click the Add new users dropdown. Select Add a single user
- Enter the user's first and last name, and select whether you'd like to invite them via email address or phone number (they will also use this to login in to their account). Enter the email address or phone number
- If you'd like to include additional information, such as Employee ID, enter this into the Other Info field
- Choose which team(s) you'd like to add this user to and click Select
- Click Add user
How to add multiple users
You can add multiple users to a team at once by uploading a CSV file containing the relevant user information.
Use one CSV file per team. You can upload users to multiple teams, but this needs to be done in separate files.
- Head to the People tab and click the Add new users dropdown. Select Upload multiple users
- Download CSV template
- In the CSV file, enter:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address OR phone number (including country code e.g. 440000000000)
- Other info (this is optional, but can be useful if including an Employee ID, for example)
- Save your file (ensure this is saved as .csv) and upload this to the admin panel by selecting Choose CSV file from the Upload multiple users pop-up window
- Select which team(s) you'd like to upload these users to, then click Add team members
How does a user activate their account?
As soon as a user has been uploaded to the platform, they will receive an email or SMS from firstname.lastname@example.org with details on how to activate their account.
If you need to provide guidance on how to do this, please share the below steps:
- Open the email or SMS invite
- Click Activate account
- Create a password
- Follow the instructions to download the eduMe app from App Store or Google Play
- Open the eduMe app and click Sign in
- Enter your email or phone number (whichever you received your activation link at), enter your password then click Sign in
- Select Allow when asked if eduMe can send notifications
For users accessing the eduMe app through SSO, please share the below steps:
Open the email or SMS invite
Open the app and click Sign in
Enter your SSO details (the email address or phone number associated with your account), then click Next
Click Continue with your Company account
Select Allow when asked if eduMe can send notifications
As soon as the user has activated their account they’ll be dropped straight into the Home tab.
Sending an activation link
If for any reason a learner hasn’t received an invitation to activate their account, you can generate an activation link for them within the admin panel. Just click the Copy activation link button on the user’s profile card in the People tab and share this directly with your learner.
Please note, these are unique links that will only work for the specified user.
If you don’t see the option to copy activation link in your admin panel, simply reach out to email@example.com for assistance.